S2E12 - Chrono Trigger
Is God real and if so, is it a bug? The answer lies beyond the end of time!
In this exciting season finale, we discuss the plot and philosophical questions of the beloved SNES RPG, Chrono Trigger! We take you through the main plot, the side quests, and (many of) the endings! We also discuss some of the bigger lingering questions often debated by the game's fandom: what exactly is Lavos, and who might be the Entity?
Check back each week for a new discussion of a video game story! As always, catch us on Instagram and Twitter at @playervsplot, send your questions and comments to [email protected], and check out our website, http://playervsplot.com!
- 0:00:00 What's Chrono Trigger?
- 0:14:00 The first quest: to the Middle Ages and back
- 0:38:00 Discovering the Apocalypse and the Future
- 0:45:55 Helping a frog knight defeat a wizard
- 0:53:00 Prehistoric era: when Lavos landed
- 0:58:28 Zeal and Magus's origin story
- 1:08:00 Side quests and getting stronger for Lavos
- 1:31:30 Final battle and the endings
- 2:02:10 What is Lavos and what does it want?
- 2:09:30 Who is the Entity?